This Sunday, I (with the help of my family) will be hosting the 1st ever Kickin’ Cancer Soccer Tournament. There will be 13 teams. Why 13? Because it has been 13 years since I was diagnosed and treated for Hodgkin’s Lymphoma, which started my personal battle against cancer, not just in my body, but for everyone. My family and I are so thankful for the tremendous turnout and are looking forward to sharing a great day with all of the players! Friends and family are also invited to attend the tournament and partake in the post-tourney party.
Here are the details:
1st Annual Kicking Cancer Soccer Tournament
When: July 19, 2009. First Game at 10 AM
Where: Amesbury Sports Park (12 South Hunt Road, Amesbury, MA) directions
To benefit: my 2009 Pan-Mass Challenge Ride for the Jimmy Fund and Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
Food buffet and Harpoon beer cash bar available starting at 2:30 PM. Non-players may purchase a buffet ticket for $12. Championship Match starts at 3:45 PM and the Awards Ceremony, Raffle, and Silent auction will happen during the party around 4:30 PM.
Thanks to tournament sponsors:
Special Thanks to the following companies and groups for silent auction and raffle item donations:
Silent Auction Items
- Pair of U2 tickets for show at
Handturned wooden pieces from the Maine Woodturners Group
- 4 each: Bowls made of Northern Maple (value – $15 to $40 each)
- 2 each: with plates from Northern Maple ($25 to $60 each)
- 6 each: Bottle Stoppers made of , Maple, Cherry, Segmented and Misc. ($18 to $25 each)
- 6 each: Light/Fan Pulls from Cherry, Maple
All the bowls are original designs (signed and numbered), naturally cured
and are food safe.
- 4 tickets to July 25 game
- Boston Breakers autographed team ball
- T-shirts, hats, DVDs, and jerseys from the
- $50 gift card from CitySports
- trip for 2 on an evening sail in Gloucester Harbor on the Schooner Lannon
- cool stuff from Harpoon Brewery
Hope to see you on Sunday.